January 23, 2011

Sarah's Chicken Parmesan

Ah, I love my roommates. First Em inspired DY and I to make yummy pizzas after eating her yummy calzones. Then Sarah made some delicious chicken parmesan that I was lucky enough to taste. Better yet, she said it was an easy recipe and shared it right away! I love my roommates...(did I mention that Rachael is particularly talented with jello?).

Here's Sarah's recipe before I forget it. I need to write it down so I remember it myself.

***Update 2/23/2011 10:38 PM
Sarah has her mom's exact recipe here :)



Sarah's Chicken Parmesan
Yield: Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
4 chicken breasts halves (so 2 whole chicken breasts)
1 egg
Italian-style bread crumbs
Grated Parmesan
Spaghetti Sauce (preferably Italian style)
Shredded mozzarella
Olive oil

DIRECTIONS
Heat a large pan with the oil on medium. Stir egg in a small bowl until yolk and white are incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix 1 part bread crumbs and 1 part parmesan, making enough to dredge the chicken.

One at a time, coat eat piece of chicken with the egg then dredge in the breadcrumbs-parmesan mixture. Place each piece in the hot pan (make sure it sizzles before putting it in). Cover the pan for a few minutes, then remove the cover and cook for a few more minutes. Flip the chicken over and repeat.

When the chicken is almost fully cooked, add enough spaghetti sauce to cover each piece of chicken (and then some for any pasta side dish). Cook for a few minutes.

Sprinkle (or pour) shredded mozzarella over each chicken breast half. Cover pan with lid until all of the cheese has melted. Remove and serve with pasta and spinach (if you like vegetables).