January 27, 2011

Baked Tilapia with Montreal Chicken Seasoning and Lemon Shaved Carrots

Dropped by Walmart yesterday night because I was too tired to study, so instead I picked up 10 lbs of chicken for next week's big dinner and some Montreal chicken seasoning. I vaguely remembered Cecil telling me it tasted great with tilapia, so I picked it up since I couldn't find celery seed and other overly priced spices.

Dinner was so basic that I won't include a recipe. Simply thawed and washed tilapia fillets, seasoned with the Montreal chicken seasoning and some cilantro, and stuck them on a pan in the oven for 16 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Then I stir-fried some broccoli with garlic and salt and drizzled with lemon juice. I also had a bag of carrots to use up, so I took one and shaved it. Stuck the shavings, salt, and lemon juice in the wok, put the lid on, and cooked it for a few minutes. I like carrots, but sometimes the big chunky pieces don't bide well with my stomach. These shavings were much easier to digest.

And I love lemons. That's all.