August 12, 2012

Sugar Cream Cake

Verdict: win

I have yet to make this cake, but one of my co-workers brought it in on Friday for my last day at work. He gave me the recipe, but dumb me left it in my lab coat pocket [along with my handy dandy RP kit compounding sheet that I made :( ]and I can't go back to retrieve it. I'm writing it down now from memory so I don't forget it later. The recipe is so simple, and the cake extremely rich and addictive. Google it if you want to see a picture!



Sugar Cream Cake by Thom
Yield: one 9x13 inch cake

INGREDIENTS
For the cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of margarine or butter
1 egg

For the topping:
2 eggs
3.5 cups powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Mix the cake ingredients together and pat down in a greased 9x13 inch cake pan. Mix the topping ingredients together and pour over the cake. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the custard-like topping doesn't jiggle when you shake it. Serve warm or at room temperature.