December 11, 2011

Egg Drop Soup

Verdict: Win

I boiled chicken thighs yesterday for my pasta that's going to feed me through finals week. I decided to save the stock and make egg drop soup today. I always knew homemade chicken stock was super easy, but I never made any until now. It's unbelievably EASY - you have to do it; plus it's practically cost free.The chicken stock I made was already salty enough, so I only seasoned the soup with a bit of ground white pepper. I also added some carrots and yellow peppers for texture as well as nutritional value.



Egg Drop Soup
Yield: 1 bowl of soup

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (homemade preferred)
2 eggs
2 tbsp cornstarch
Ground white pepper (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Warm chicken stock in a pot over medium heat. Add water if necessary to balance out the saltiness. Once gently boiling, add the cornstarch. Whisk eggs in a bowl, then slowly add the eggs to the stock while stirring. Season with ground white pepper. Add garnishes or additions as desired.