April 13, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

Verdict: Win

Since I still had a lot of pumpkin puree left in the can after making the pumpkin scones, I had to make more pumpkin baked goods, right? These were quite simple and delicious. The spices could have come out a bit more, but that may have been my fault since I winged my own "pumpkin pie spice." I did not use her recipe's glaze and instead used the glaze from Annie's pumpkin scones. I've listed her exact recipe with the original glaze below though.



Pumpkin Cookies from Bilingual Butter
Yield: Makes about 24 cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
pinch salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.

Combine dry ingredients and set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pumpkin, egg, vanilla and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients.

Drop onto a cookie sheet by tablespoonfulls (you can try making bigger ones, they'll be softer and just as good).

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, and cool before glazing.

To make glaze: Combine confectioner's sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, a few drops of vanilla extract and enough milk to acheive spreading consistency.